October 17th thru the 22nd, 2023
Let’s welcome our newest club member Bob LaBine who has extensive sailing credentials and is a certified Sailing instructor. He is excited to work with our cruise director Mike White and is looking to put together sailing events for the club and help sailors get their certifications and organizing sailing opportunities.
Bob is planning a Catalina cruise in October. Here are the details:
Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 45
Cost: $1295 per person double occupancy (includes breakfasts, lunches, provisioning and three dinners aboard, along with one harbor shuttle round trip at Two Harbors)
Additional cost is $250 per ASA certification of 103, 104 or 105. You must have ASA 101. 103 and 104 can be done in one trip. 105 is home study for at least a month and then the test on the boat using your skills to navigate us around and then there is a written test.
- Arrive Tuesday, October 17th, between 4 and 6 pm, dinner ashore.
- Sail around Long Beach Harbor, October 18th, 2-3 hours 103 class.
- Sail to Two Harbors October 19th, 2-3 hours 103 class. Test that afternoon.
- Sail to Cal Harbor October 20th, 2-3 hours 104 class.
- Sail to Two Harbors October 21st, 2-3 hours 104 class, and test. 105 test in the morning ashore. Dinner ashore with AYC cruisers.
- Return to Long Beach and off the boat by 4 pm Sunday, October 22nd.
You must contact Bob at 602-377-8070 no later than September 1st to participate and get your study materials. You can do ASA class(es) or just be a cruise participant. You will be billed for ASA class(es) September 1st and an $800 deposit on August 1st. The balance of $495 will be billed one week prior to departure.